


After several weekends of snow or snow piles, ice, bad roads, and generally cold weather, Klara and I headed out for a "run to the airport and Metro back" excursion. It was warmer out (about 48 degrees), but many of the running/walking/biking paths near the monuments and along the Potomac were still covered with snow and/or slush and mud. As they were near impassable with a stroller, we rerouted and headed down the Mall, boarding the Metro to the airport at L'enfant.
At the airport, Klara walked right over to the gift shop and the granola bar basket, which is positioned right at child level. (She didn't bother even a moment with the many chocolate bars and other sugar goodies, and was clearly decided on the "garola bar".) She then set herself down in front of the window to watch the action (the planes taking off, taxi-ing to and from the gates, etc.) She fell asleep on the Metro, right before our stop. It was a good outing.
4 comments:
Pictures are great. She looks so at home @ the airport watching "her" planes & the activities surrounding them. How do you get past all the security?
I'm sure that you've started a wonderful tradition which K will never forget... memories w/Daddy on his run!!!
And, getting out & away from the house was good for you all too.
Love
g.a.
I agree with Grandma Ann. She looks like she loves the planes. Maybe she'll be a pilot! That's a great tradition you've started with her. Special time with her daddy. I know she gets lots of special time with her Mommy too which is good. You guys are great parents. I hope ya'll get some good weather soon. Love to you Marsh, Emily and of course big hugs and kisses to Klara.
Love, Aunt Mindy
I echo grandma ann's question of how you made it past security?
No sweat, we're in the main section of DCA, before one goes through security. There is only moderate foot traffic. Its on the main floor, a long expanse of floor and windows with some restaurants and shops, and small number of seats facing outward towards a U-shaped section of gates and terminals. You can also see part of the runway and the river behind it.
Post a Comment