



Looking up: That is for us right now, in faith, a statement about life and hope for the seasons ahead. For Klara, it describes a thoroughgoing outlook in life --literally, spiritually and all other. Seeing things through her eyes helps me, and I hope you, look up ... for our Salvation draws nigh.
These camera phone photos capture a few of those little moments. In one, Klara is focused on one of her current favorite subjects: airplanes. A park on the Potomac immediately adjacent to National Airport provides a location to picnic on the grass, launch a boat, and watch planes land or take off. One recent afternoon, Klara and I (Marshall) took the Metro down to the airport, where we walked around for a few minutes watching planes through the glass. Then we headed out to the park, and, afterward, on a jog up the trail back north. (Klara was in the stroller for that, but that will change too!)
The other photos are from last evening, from the rooftop deck of our friend Josh's house in NE DC. Klara was a bit shy inside the house, but she immediately lit up when we stepped outside onto the deck. Her attention was occupied the subsequent hours with many points of viewing interest -- airplanes and helicopters, the sunset, church spires, the Capitol, The Washington Monument, Howard University buildings, the moon, police cars and sirens..
She also enjoyed her Thai dinner, and not just the white rice! We were glad to see Josh again, and catch up.
As you've perhaps noticed, this is the first posting in weeks. We've misplaced a cord that uploads photos from our regular camera, and can't seem to find it. So in the meanwhile, I'm capturing what I can on the camera phone.
3 comments:
The trip to the airport to watch the planes sounds delightful. I share Klara's fascination of aviation. If I close my eyes, I can picture all fo the things you guys saw and heard from that rooftop. I feel like I was there. Wish I was.
She is perfect. I miss you all.
I miss her. Will you post photos now that you found your cord? Please!
Here's a start! More to come
Post a Comment