Sunday, May 17, 2009

San Diego is Pwetty (Part IV...More Zoo)





3 comments:

Cari said...

That panda cracks me up.

Em&Marsh said...

I had the same reaction! What a character. And bamboo shoots? That's doesn't look like fast food (easy to prepare or high fat). So the girth is a bit of mystery to me.

We'll try to put up the video of the Panda laying back in the grass, chilling, but making a quiet racket, methodically chowing down on one bamboo shoot after another. He was like a buzzsaw! I felt sorry for him in a way, like someone get him some mashed potatoes or a fish or a falafel. No wonder pandas are so irritable, unsocial and don't reproduce so well.

Who knows what other issues, like "I'm black and white, but in distinct colorings, not a mocha blend or whatever. (Imagine if humans were like that..) People staring at me all day, and so far from home.

Em&Marsh said...

The homeless peacock was the really weird part for me. The bloody thing kept shrieking, punctuating the air with bursts of loud blasts of some mix of bother, belligerence, confusion and whatever else. Strange.