On June 1st, the first day of hurricane season, Tropical System Barry (Depression?Storm?) came to visit. Most of the Scherts had packed up and cleared out of there, but Marshall, Klara and I stayed one more night until the official morning check-out. The wind and waves got really high that night and early in the morning. The water came up pretty close to the end of our pier. The die-hard surfer kids were taking advantage of the high waves. I awoke startled from the whistling of the wind through our sliding door which wouldn't quite shut all the way because of corrosion from the salt air. However, I'm glad we stayed and saw the turbulence of nature's tropical activity. Most of the rain was ahead of the storm's path, so things were mostly cleared up once we hit the road.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Barry
On June 1st, the first day of hurricane season, Tropical System Barry (Depression?Storm?) came to visit. Most of the Scherts had packed up and cleared out of there, but Marshall, Klara and I stayed one more night until the official morning check-out. The wind and waves got really high that night and early in the morning. The water came up pretty close to the end of our pier. The die-hard surfer kids were taking advantage of the high waves. I awoke startled from the whistling of the wind through our sliding door which wouldn't quite shut all the way because of corrosion from the salt air. However, I'm glad we stayed and saw the turbulence of nature's tropical activity. Most of the rain was ahead of the storm's path, so things were mostly cleared up once we hit the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment