Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tulips

Happiest of birthdays to my Daddy! Dad, Grandpa Fred, we love you so very much. Enjoy these photos of your girls in the flower beds. I uploaded at the highest resolution possible so that (maybe?) you can print them from here with pretty good quality.


My little flower enthusiast/horticulturalist couldn't quite imagine what she was about to see until she saw it with her own eyes. It's hard to believe that this is my very first time to the Skagit Valley Tulip festival, after spending five Springs in Seattle. And we even have family who live right here in the valley!

Tulip farms are muddy. I recall driving by the tulips in the Netherlands, summer of '95. The rows between the flower beds were simply canals of water. So, I was prepared for mud!!! JM wiped out into a deep puddle in her first 30 seconds out of the stroller. That's ok. We had a change of clothes with us.

Do you see the ski slopes on the mountains behind me?

K is receiving a little instruction on using the camera.


I love this.

No comments: