As you've learned from many of our posts, we love the beach! JM has come to really enjoy dolls. She plays with K's "babies." Here she is loving on one at home. One thing that has made our temporary home more "homey"- I found Franciscan earthenware "Desert Rose" at a local thrift store. I came back with a set of six unchipped (good condition) plates, reminding me of Nanny. I ate many a casserole off of this pattern at her home. These days, you really miss your grandparents.
I prepared a roasted chicken and vegetables, one of K's favorite meals, and served it on something old and something new. Old and New: the plates; the linen circular tablecloth that we scored from neighbors' garage sale as they were moving off the block just as we were moving in (and with whom we became fast friends now from afar); the round table with folding sides, built by a great-? grandfather and come in and out of and in use since our very newlywed days. The color of the cloth even matched the green in the Franciscan. It was a day full of grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment