Friday, January 30, 2009

Born to Mac



Too short? Not at the Mac store. (Emily says that no one will get the oblique reference in this post;...anyone?..)

5 comments:

Ferris Family said...

I don't.

Cari said...

P.S.- Am I the only one who hears her inner dialogue in these photos as something along the lines of;
"to get calculate the standard enthalpy of formation for CuO(s):
Cu (s) & 1/2O2 (g) --> 1 CuO(s)
(formation reactions form 1 mole of 1 stuff, from elements in their most natural state)

by using:
the reverse of (B), we can get Cu(s) as a strating material
"-(B)" : Cu(s) + CuO(s) => Cu2O(s)

with 1/2 of the reverse of (A) we can cancel out the 1 mole of CuO:
"-(B)" : Cu(s) + CuO(s) => Cu2O(s)
"-1/2(A)": 1 Cu2O(s) + 1/2 O2(g) => 2CuO(s)

everything cancels out, other than giving you the equation you wish:
Cu (s) & 1/2O2 (g) --> 1 CuO(s)

hess's law says that if -(B) & -1/2(A) gives you the equation that you wish....
then the energies of -(B) & -1/2(A) gives you the energy that you wish:

dH reaction = dH(-B) & dH(-1/2A)

dH = -11 & [(-1/2) (288)]

dH = -11 + (-144)

your answer: dH = -155 kJ"?

Anonymous said...

Wow.


I was thinking that she was looking for this blog to see the "Twinkle Twinkle" video, or to find Skype.

The truth is it could be either one.

(BTW: it was a bad 80's reference: Too Short, Born to Mack. Not something I've heard or want to since high school, so I'll leave it without further reference.)

Anonymous said...

That first photo almost looks like she's ready for college.

Cari said...

exactly my point.